Schools for Good
Our school community is proud to support the Varkey Foundation, our chosen charitable partner. The not-for-profit campaigner for change has committed to the following projects:
- Training teachers to adopt a more student-centric approach in Uganda
- Supporting the professional development of teachers in Palestine
- Building the capacity of teachers in Kenya and Lesotho to teach science, technology and mathematics to girls and women
- Rebuilding a school in the Kenyan slum of Kibera
- Establishing ten low cost science centres in India with Pratham
- Rebuilding ten schools in Pakistan that were destroyed by floods with Dubai Cares and Oxfam
- Supporting the UNICEF Schools for Asia programme in Philippines, Papua New Guinea, India, Nepal and Vietnam
We believe that by engaging with these projects, our students develop a better understanding of global development issues and the impact they can have in our world.
Our aspiration is that, for every child enrolled at a GEMS school, we impact the lives of 100 underprivileged children in our world.