How to begin your child's journey...
Students must have turned the following ages by 31 December in the year of admission to be eligible to enter the respective level/grade:
*As per the directive from the federal government of the UAE, we have implemented a December 31st cut-off date for KG1 – Grade 1 applicants. Any applicant whose date of birth falls between 15th September and 31st December will be assessed for entry into the higher grade. Student must demonstrate developmental, emotional and academic readiness in their assessment in order to be considered. If our admissions team concludes that a student isn’t ready, we will only consider them for entry into the lower grade based on the 15th September cut-off.
You can easily submit an Enquiry online to apply for admission. Click here to fill out an Enquiry.
The admissions process has been designed to make certain that students are appropriately placed at GEMS International School, while maintaining the integrity and consistency of the school program and policies. Proper placement will ensure that those students admitted have a higher probability of a successful learning experience and outcomes.
The Admissions Team is committed to working together with families in determining the educational placement that is best for each student.
Screening / Assessment
Students may be required to take an entrance test or an assessment so we can determine if our curriculum suits their individual needs. This also gives us an opportunity to assess each child’s understanding and abilities.
Our assessments are done by our faculty who appreciate that each child is different and progresses at their own pace.
Following a child’s assessment test, the child may be offered a place at the school, placed on our waiting list (if places are currently not available) or denied entry.
To begin the application process, please submit your Enquiry through the Online Student Enquiry and Registration page.
Once you have completed the online application, you will receive an Enquiry Number. Please print a copy of this receipt and keep it for your records. If you cannot print this page, please ensure that you write down the Enquiry Number for all future correspondence and queries. Without the Enquiry Number, we cannot verify your Enquiry Submission. An acknowledgement email containing the next steps will be sent to the email address you have provided.
After receiving the acknowledgement email containing your Enquiry Number, please follow the steps listed. You will be requested to pay a Registration Fee of AED 1000. This fee is non-refundable, non-transferrable, non-adjustable, and is required along with the requested documents to proceed with the registration process. Submit the requested documents listed below to the Registrar:
- 2 passport copies of the student, father and mother (where available),
- 2 copies of the current and valid UAE visa of the student, father and mother (where available),
- Copy of child’s Emirates ID card (due upon receipt),
- 4 recent passport photographs of your child,
- Copies of your child's last 2 school reports for all children entering Year 1 and above (in English),
- Previous school’s leaving certificate or attested Transfer Certificate (due upon receipt),
- Full details of any special educational needs, Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and any Educational Psychologist's or other therapist’s reports available. It is essential that all educational history is presented to the school at application time,
- 2 copies of your child's birth certificate (in English or Arabic),
- Full details of all vaccinations and immunizations for your child, and
- Copy of Registration Fee payment receipt.
Please download a copy of the Confidential Admissions Referral form here.
Please note: an application submission with complete documentation and payment of the Registration Fee, does not guarantee a placement in our school.
After completing Steps 1-3, you will be contacted by the Registrar to set up a meeting for you and your child with a member of the Education Team. A placement test or assessment may be required.